The past two months have been those of super drama. The telenovela has continued- I have grown smitten for a muchacho named Noel, and Noel has broken up with his long-term girlfriend, completely enamorado with me. The days have been exciting- talking and dreaming about life, riding around Juticalpa, and sending sweet notes back and forth. For me, everything has been much more magical in a second language. Every Spanish love song makes sense. I can hardly believe myself, expressing profound feelings in a language that is still so new to me. Still, all of this romance is fleeting. Noel, with his adorable smile and sweet nature, will remain in Honduras and I will return home. It is the way it has to be. Despite his propositions to be together forever, he has no Visa to travel to the States. Noel's fanatical ex-girlfriend has been stalking me and trying her darndest to bring harm to both of us. It is too much drama and there is only one clear and right way to proceed: Ya. Enough. Over. And, beginning now, it is.
It is never easy to make decisions like this, but I can only find myself singing the lyrics to Jessica's favorite song: "nada esto fue un error," or none of this was a mistake. It has not been a mistake to open my heart to love once again. Adoring Noel, I have remembered who I am and what I desire. This was not the state of my heart when I arrived to this country, nine months ago. Both Noel and I have changed in knowing one another and some part of this experience will stay in our hearts forever. Ya. "Nada nada de esto, nada de esto fue un error...."
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment